Thursday, March 17, 2005

Biasing Along

I have been knitting feverishly trying to finish my good bias. I got my hands on some of the Mission Falls 1824 cotton at the Yarn Garden in Annapolis. I was thinking about doing it in the pinky peach color but was convinced by the clerk that the blue, color #402 Sea, would be a perfect color for me.




Knitting the first sleeve, I was feeling a bit "lace challenged". I kept making little mistakes which meant a bit of frogging. However, after I came up with a chart to help me along, I got into the swing of things. I also used stitch markers to mark every 10 stitches in the pattern so as to catch little mistakes quickly. Now, I feel like a pro, and even ventured to knit it during my PTF meeting this week. I hope to be finished by the end of the next week!

We will be traveling to Ocean City next week during our kids' spring breakfrom Kent School. We have some business down on the lower shore, and can justify a week of fun if it is business related! We did the same thing last year and the boys had a grand time swimming in the hotel pool, eating out and just goofing off. My boys are very easy to please... I am so lucky! Unfortunately, there are not any yarn shops that I know of in the OC area, so I will have to stock up with a good project before I go!