Monday, February 14, 2005

Quilted Fiber

Over the weekend, I decided to pull out my sewing machine, and work with the fiber that I had knitted and felted for the tsunami quilt piece. I spent some time getting used to sewing on the felted fiber; and, it definitely got easier, the more you did it. I really liked how the stitches began to define the piece.


The end product sort of resembles the idea I originally had for the project - sort of. Unfortunately, the deadline for getting this to SPAIN would be tomorrow, so I guess I am a little late. I am not sure it is good enough for a quilt to be sold at auction, anyway. I think I will keep working little by little to refine this and to see where it takes me.

And, for some comic relief....
Here are the newest additions to our brood. Spot is the fat black cat who thinks that he is a dog. He will literally pounce upon Daisy, our 5 month old Golden Retriever [what were we thinking?], and wrestle her like a pro. This morning they were going at it, but did take a break to pose for this shot.



And, with regard to the Fantastic February Finish...I am onto project #2...the Merino Turtleneck of my own design. I am down to the last sleeve...it's killin' me but I know I can do it!