Friday, February 11, 2005

The Fantastic February Finish

We all have them. We all want to finish them...or do we? What can it be?

They are sitting in bags, pushed to the back of the bin, cramped at the bottom of the stash...

Those FORGOTTEN, UNFINISHED PROJECTS we all have tucked away.

I am embarassed to say that I have at least five (5) on needles at this moment. There may be a few that I have snatched the needles away from to - God Forbid! - start a new project.

Well, I have decided to make this month, or what's left of it, the FANTASTIC FEBRURARY FINISH month! I have already finished one project and have PLEDGED to finish one more!

The first one that I have finished was from the Vogue Knitting Winter 2003-2004 Issue.



I started this sweater last year at this time. I wanted to try out Lion Brand Homespun, and thought this looked simple enough. I was smart - knowing how I hate sleeves - and knitted up the sleeves first. The rest of the body was knitted in one piece, which I made it about 3/4 up. Then, I must have gottend sidetracked, and into the "knitting wardrobe" it went, not to see the light of day again until recently. And, ironically, it was the sleeves that saved this project, from the wardrobe of LOST projects. Since I had already knitted the sleeves, I thought, "Why not just finish it."

This is what it's supposed to look like:

You can't see it all that well but the collar is supposed to have fringe off of it. I decided against the fringe, because I am not really a fringey kind of gal. And, have you ever worked with Lion Brand Homespun? Well, if you have you know that the thinner yarn that is wrapped around the thicker (what is that called? I should know it from spinning!) doesn't do a great job of keeping the yarn together, especially when it is cut. Basically the yarn becomes a big Fringing nighmare. SO my sweater has no fringe.



Now, I really like this sweater. I bought a big button like the model has for it, but have been using BROOCHes since it is the year of the Brooch! ( that's what my dh says - who knows?) The yarn is really soft and warm. I was a little worried about pilling (sp?), but it have not had theat problem so far.

So, please join me. Dig out those projects! I challenge you to finish at least one!