Thursday, January 27, 2005

Vest Victory

Here is the vest I worked up out of some of my handspun yarn. I knitted it all in one piece, working up the back and then down each side separately. Button holes climb up the right front butare difficult to see in the picture. I am now in search of some great buttons to finish it off.

This vest was so quick and easy to knit! I feel very victorious! I think I will try it again, but use a zipper up the front!

The size 11 circular needles I used gave me a 3 stitch to an inch gauge. It took approximately 170 yards of my bulky yarn for the main vest, and another 20 or so for the crocheted edging. It was supposed to fit size 12 months, but looks larger to me. I have printed out knitting standards so as to measure the approximate size when I get home tonight. Both ot my brothers are expecting babies in March....so I will be knitting for baby x2 for awhile.

Toddler Vest



Now, just for fun, here are some pics of what's on the spinning wheel.

New Zealand Wool

Roving Drying on the Radiator


Singles on the Bobbin