Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Guiltless Knitting

What a wonderful weekend we had. It began snowing a lovely, fine powder on Saturday morning, and by 6:00 that evening when the snow stopped, we had a manageable 6" in our yard. DH was able to get out and have the sidewalk shoveled and driveway driveable by about 8:00 PM. The kids played. My husband shoveled. And, I knitted. It was heaven.

On Sunday we got the call mid-day that school would be cancelled on Monday. The kids were happy; and, I two more guiltless days of knitting ahead. We got off easy in this area. Hopefully, it will melt quickly. Snow is pretty for about 48 hours....and then, I am ready for green fields again!

I have been working on several projects with my handspun yarn. I have SOOO much of it, that I have decided to develop some bulky patterns especially for it. The sweater pictured below is coming along. And, I am working on my own design for a child's vest out of some merino. (Will post pictures later).