Monday, January 31, 2005

Crafty Weekend

This weekend was spent finishing up some craft projects.

First, I finished the Vest! How do you like those buttons? It is amazing what a great selection of buttons here are these days! I found these at Jo Ann Fabrics in Dover, DE.



Project #2:

I have been trying to teach myself how to crochet (notice the crocheted edging on that vest! :) ). Since I have accumulated a couple of crochet needles, I decided to sew up a little holder. I found this adorable fabric on sale. It was 99 cents for a fat quarter, which was just enough to generate this little beauty.







Isn't that cute? It took me about 15 minutes to make.

Project #3:

Instant magnets. My youngest son had painted these glass gems over the summer at a science camp. I purchased magnets at the craft store, and then hot glued them to the back of the gem. I also cut out some pictures from the most recent school book order - Sponge Bob and the boy from Unfortunate Events and glued them onto some little gems. The big ones are easier to see. I am going to get some more of those from the Dollar Store and do up some hearts for Valentine's gifts.





And, speaking of Valentine's Day...I have a surprise for tomorrow.