Thursday, October 14, 2004

Handspun Heaven

Tiny Socks from Handspun Singles!


I worked on these little ones during our trip. My handspun is still pretty irregular, but it is so much fun to see how it knits up. Now I know why knitting socks with handspun can turn into its own addiction!

I also visited the Folk Art Studio Cafe in Bowie, MD this week. Thanks to a tip from Carolina, I found my way to this funky, comfy yarn/pottery studio and added to my stash.

My new NORO stash is wonderful fall shades of hunter green, orange and gold.


I also broke down and bought some Clover Bamboo needles - Size 4 - to work on my Harry Potter Sweater. My Denise Needles only go down to a size 5 and I could only put my hands on some Susan Bates 4's. I hate to be a needle snob, but knitting on the Susan Bates needles really started to flare up my carpal tunnel, so I had to stop. I prefer Addi Turbos but living where I do, so far away from yarn shops, you take what you can get in an emergency situation. The bamboo 4's are doing great, and my arms don't hurt anymore! I may actually finish the sweater after all!