Monday, September 27, 2004

Mother of a Teenager?

It is official. As of 6AM this morning, I became the mother of a certified teenager. I can't believe it. It was a whirlwind weekend for him. He attended his first junior assembly on Friday night and learned the CHA CHA CHA. He ran in a 1K race on Saturday. On Sunday, he started to change. We went to a family birthday party for him and he was given a leather wallet with $20.00 inside it. And, today as I dropped him off at school, there were two very CUTE girls waiting for him to give him a cheer as he "nonchalantly" departed the mini van. Is this really happening to me? The mother of a 13 year old?

Thank goodness I have frivolous fiber to keep me young at heart! I spent the few minutes I had not tending to kids dyeing and spinning. Here is what I have so far:


Raspberry Domestic 2Ply


Seafoam Romney 2Ply



Lavendar/Gold/Green Multi 2Ply


Mittens out of one of my first hand dye/ hand spun lots.