Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Martha Scarf

Did anyone see Martha Stewart on TV recently? She is ready to go to jail. Standing before her Board of Directors, and in front of a wall covered with her very own colors, she said just that - she was ready to serve her 5 month stint in DOC (Dept. of Corrections for all who don't know prisoner lingo) ASAP.

Isn't that just like Martha? Just do it quickly and efficiently. I especially thought it was a "good thing" to make the announcement in front of all of those colors.

I really don't dislike Martha Stewart. I don't think that I would ever be good friends with her, but I have met so many women like her - smart, headstrong and egocentric.

I have a subscription to the Martha Stewart Living as well as a subscription to FOOD EVERYDAY and I enjoy both magazines. My DH thinks the current October issue's black cover symbolizes the company's dark mood at present. Every once in awhile, I visit MarthaStewart.Com . Currently, she is having a really big tag sale on the website - guess she is cleaning out her closets before she moves. I also have had fun making sock puppies and popsicle adirondack chairs from recipes in the Kids Magazine.

Recently, while surfing knitting sites, I ran across a pattern for the Martha Scarf. It was inspired by the mink scarf Martha wore at many of her court hearings. Martha might want to consider adding this pattern to the page where her own "Basic Scarf" pattern is listed in her Knitting Projects site. Martha said that she is going to miss her dogs, cats, parrot and even her chickens while she is in jail. I wonder if she will miss her mink scarf too?


Martha Scarf